Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, December 9, 2013

Home with a concussion!

I collided with one of my 8 year old students Friday afternoon, or rather HE collided with me.  The next thing I knew, I was on my back, looking up at the sky.  Seems he ran into me while playing soccer.  I was able to get up and send the kids home (it was 15 minutes before the end of the day...).  However, 45 minutes later, my neck was stiffening up and my right shoulder, too.  I filled out the appropriate injury form for the school and drove home, rather unsteady.  At least I made it home.  I vomited that night and so the next morning, it was off to immediate care.  Blood tests were ordered, an EKG was done, and they checked my eyesight.  Since they didn't have a CAT scanner there, I was sent to our nearest hospital.  My colleague and good friend Marianne came and sat with me for 6 HOURS!  Fortunately, the CAT scan didn't show any bleeding, but I'm ordered to stay at home and REST and do NO physical activity for several days.  ...sigh...I'm already bored.  I didn't get out all weekend to take photos, but I do have these from the Toro Peak webcam , which is up at 8,000 feet and overlooks the Coachella Valley, so the north, as you can see, in the top photo, and once hubby goes to work and I can get on his laptop, I'll update some from our trip to San Juan Capistrano.



3 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Wow, I sure hope all is better soon! I know how boring it is when you can't take pictures!

Gaelyn said...

Nice eye candy while you rest.

KT said...

Ouch! I know what you mean about staying home and doing nothing...easier said than done.