Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Friday, April 26, 2013

White fence~Friday's Fences~042613

This is another one of the little houses up in a small community in Garner Valley, which is up in our local mountains, at about 5,000 feet elevation.  The valley itself used to be a part of the huge Garner Valley Cattle Co.  Mr. Garner sold off this part of his ranch and it was subdivided into 5 acre parcels.  This little community, however, doesn't appear to be part of that land transaction and the homes here are very close together.  I always enjoy driving through it throughout the seasons.  Friday's Fences for April 26, 2013.   To stop by Friday's Fences, please go to:   http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Very quaint scene

My name is Riet said...

I love those white fences. Great shot happy FF

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Such a sweet picture - I love picket fences. I just recently learned that they don't have picket fences in England - what a shame, since they are so charming.

Pat said...

What a sweet little house, white picket fence and all!

genie said...

This is my kind of photo...a bit romantic and a bit of days gone by. Love the white picket fence. This style fencing is by far my favorite. genie

Gerald (SK14) said...

what a neat white fence