Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, April 1, 2013

Living Desert Reserve, Palm Desert~Our World Today~049213

Hubby and I have been going to the Living Desert Reserve here in Palm Desert for the last two mornings with our VERY pregnant daughter.  Still no granddaughter...sigh...Anyway, I went up by myself this afternoon.  Today I went up in the late afternoon, when the shadows are long.  The palo verdes are blooming there and the place is nearly covered with them.  It was very crowded Saturday morning due to an Easter egg hunt for kids.  There were people with strollers EVERYWHERE!  Sunday morning was quiet and this afternoon, I nearly had the place to myself!  I love the afternoon shadows, don't you?  It's so different from morning.  Our World Tuesday for April 2, 2013.   To visit OWT, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/



5 comments:

islandwonder said...

Sounds like a grandchild is right around the corner. Yeah!!

mick said...

Great photos. The afternoon shadows are beautiful.

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a beautiful place for a walk. Exciting news about your grandchild. A lot of walking helped me at the end of my pregnancy. Have a happy Week!

Min fotogen said...

Great photos from the Desert!

Powell River Books said...

Spring in the desert is such a beautiful time. We went to Arizona for a few days and really enjoyed the warm sunshine. - Margy