Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Just surviving

I didn't realize it has been nearly 3 weeks since I last posted here.  I'm finding that most of my "free" time is now devoted to taking care of hubby.  He is on 3 different medications and frankly, I think they are making him loopy (loopier than usual!).  He is forgetful.  His short term memory is SHOT.  He sleeps 8 hours, and then sleeps again another 4 hours during the daytime.  He SITS in his chair ALL DAY!

Sometimes I just HAVE to get out of the house!  I've visited with my friends (2 of whom retired the same time I did) and another colleague who has been out on disability.  I FINALLY went up to visit the horses.  They are all woolly and ready for winter.  I TRY to get out every day, but some days I, too, just stay at home.  I've got my autumn decorations up and the winter ones ready to get put outside.

I'm reading Stephen King novels and drinking brandy every night, trying to cope with the election results.  Oh, and we DO NOT watch the news anymore...just too depressing!

I took a car load of school stuff over to Goodwill and I have another load of clothes and books ready to go.  After working for 30 years, putting two kids through 5 years of college (each), frankly it is good just to be AT HOME!   :-)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your loved ones.

Just some random photos from the last several weeks:


 They TRY to grow grapes up in Anza, but they freeze!
 Pretty tree and fence up in Garner Valley...
One of the sycamore trees up at the horse ranch.

1 comment:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Thoughts and prayers that Hubby's health will improve over time.