Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Friday, March 25, 2016

Desert Wildflowers 032616


I'm still around.  I have two other blogs:  my Deep Canyon one and my desert horses one and, with working full time, I haven't had the time (or energy) to maintain 3 blogs!  I'm on spring break for the next 9 days, so maybe I'll have time to come back and "massage" this one?  I miss all of you.  I'm actually retiring as of April 30, 2016, so I'll have more time for things at home.  Frankly, I CANNOT wait to retire!

I went out a couple of weekends ago and took some photos of the verbena and sand dunes down by the Coachella Valley Preserve.  I took a tumble on some rocks up in Whitewater Canyon, fell on my left knee, and stumbled on my right leg.  My camera (my good Canon) fell to the ground, but it wasn't damaged (THANK GOODNESS!).  At this time, I would NOT have been able to replace it!  In fact, I drove out to the preserve to take photos after my tumble and, as you can see, the camera worked just fine.  I DID go to urgent care the next day as my left kneee and my right ankle were BOTH throbbling.  Turns out, I sprained both of them.  I got 3 days off work to rest! :-)

There is NO WAY I can finish this school year.  I am both physically and mentally EXHAUSTED.  I was actually off school today (Good Friday), and I slept for 12 hours last night.  I'm tired every afternoon.  I'm coming home at 4:00 p.m. and by 6:30 p.m., I'm ASLEEP each and every night!  That just isn't right.  I'm taking an early retirement and I've sent in all my required forms.  With 3 grandchildren and another one due late April/early May, I also wish to spend more time with the grandkids.





Take care.
~Cheers~
Cheryl Ann

No comments: