Deserts and Beyond

Deserts and beyond...places in and around the southern California deserts and beyond. Photo taken at Canyon Lake, in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona, December 2011. A few minutes later, after the sun disappeared, these cliffs were their normal color. They were only golden for a short time and I'm glad we were able to view them in their glory.






Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hummingbird at the Living Desert~Wild Bird Wednesday~101613


Last Friday, after an especially L-O-N-G week at school, I drove home, grabbed my camera, and headed up to the Living Desert Reserve for an afternoon walk.  I really needed some quiet time!  This little fella was buzzing around the flowers at the butterfly plant area and I hoped he would stick around long enough for me to click off a couple of photos of him.  And, he did!  Isn't he adorable?  Look at his little feet in the bottom photo!~  Wild Bird Wednesday for October 16, 2013.  To visit WBW, please go to:  http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Esther Joy said...

I love those little hummingbirds. Mine vacated last week... Maybe they are spending the winter with you!

Andrew Fulton said...

Beautiful birds I just don't get to see... lovely images.

Adam Jones said...

Lovely pictures.

Betty Luckhurst said...

What a cutie! They make working so hard look so easy!

Dave said...

Two lovely shots, love your blog header image, its stunning

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Wonderful photos of the hummingbird.

Cath.H.C Photography said...

Magnifiques photos!