Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Around Pine Cove and Idyllwild

Over the Memorial Day weekend, my daughter and I drove into town (Idyllwild) to stop at some of the yard sales.  There must have been over 70 of them!  She found baby shoes for 50 cents and a dollar a pair (two pair were nearly brand new!) and I found 7 books at the Idyllwild library book sale, so we were both happy.  I also bought a beautiful comforter and pillowcase for $6.00.  I love visiting yard sales, don't you?  It was good to get out of the cabin for a couple of hours.  I already miss the mountains, but we'll be spending a week up in the eastern Sierra and then 4 nights in Idyllwild during the summer.  And, our mountains are only an hour away, so I'm sure we'll spend a few weekends there, too...only 7 more days of school!  :-)






2 comments:

Pat said...

I love garage sales! It's great when you can pick up a bargain or two! And who doesn't love when the library has a book sale? I bought 34 books for $18 at our recent sale. Not that I need ANY MORE books in my home! ;)

desertsandbeyond said...

Oh, wow! I thought my 7 books was a lot! And, our local college just had a book sale. I didn't go...I didn't want to overload on books. Right now I'm hooked on the James Lee Burke series based in Louisiana. Saw the movie "The Electric Mist" and read the book In the Electric Mist with Confederate Soldiers and was hooked.